Location: China Lake, CA
Owner: NAVFAC Southwest
Description: The project scope includes site work to support the new missile magazine and storage facility construction.
The work includes:
- Demolition of existing improvements within the magazine area, existing Inert Storage Facility #31044, and thirty-two critically damaged magazines
- Removal and replacement of a 20-ton bridge crane
- Grading to support access and positive drainage for the new magazines and building
- Roadway and access apron paving
- Electrical and telecommunications connections to support the new magazines and Inert Storage Facility
A new Intrusion Detection System (IDS) facility will be provided to replace the existing IDS facility.