Location: Whittier, CA
Owner: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Description: The work is located at the Whittier Narrows Dam Spillway in Pico Rivera, California; specifically, near the existing utility galleries located at Station 115+42 (West Gallery) and Station 126+60 (East Gallery) along the dam axis.
The Station 115+42 work includes the following:
- Construction of a temporary access ramp and temporary bypass the City of Whitter waterline
- Relocation of the City of Whittier waterline
- Installation of a filter diaphragm and filter blanket
- Structural modification to the utility gallery access chamber
- Removal of the temporary waterline bypass.
The Station 126+60 work includes:
- Installation of temporary bypasses for the Suburban Water System (SWS) waterline and Los Angeles County Sanitation District (LACSD) sanitary sewer line
- Demolition of the SWS chlorine facility, flow meter and metering vault
- Relocation of the SWS waterline, LACSD sanitary sewer line and the dam toe drain
- Restoration of Relief Well (RW 137); replace existing 6” VCP lateral collector pipe
- Installation of filter diaphragm and filter blanket
- Structural modifications to the utility gallery access chamber
- Removal of temporary waterline and sewer line bypasses.